Terms & Conditions
- Please read them carefully as they set out our respective rights and obligations.
- By making a booking on our platforms, you agree that you have read these terms and conditions and agree to be bound by them as well as our Indemnity & Waiver and Privacy policies.
- Pricing is quoted for an all-inclusive 5 night, 5 day tour inclusive of value added tax, and includes and excludes various services which are detailed on the web site and the booking confirmation, and which may be updated from time to time.
BOOKING, PAYMENT, CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
- Bookings are done online through our website and a booking is only considered confirmed once we issue you with a booking confirmation by email.
- A 50% deposit is due within 7 days of booking in order to secure the date.
- The balance of 50% is due 6 weeks before your arrival date. Should we not receive the balance on the stipulated date, we may assume that the booking is cancelled.
- Deposits are kept in trust and accepted by EFT only in South African Rand into the following account:
- Innerpeace Trust
- Investec Bank
- Current Account
- A/C 10010973471
- Branch: Grayston Drive (580102)
- The BOOKING NUMBER should be used as the payment REFERENCE.
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
- All confirmed bookings must be cancelled in writing and notice of receipt of such cancellation confirmed by us in writing.
- Where a confirmed booking is cancelled more than six weeks prior to the arrival date, the deposit shall be refunded in full.
- Confirmed bookings which are cancelled within six weeks of the arrival date, as well as non-arrivals, do not qualify for a refund or credit.
- Should a guest need to cancel or postpone a booking within the 6 week time frame, as a result of provable injury, hospitalisation, illness or any other serious reason, we will do our best to replace your booking using our booking platforms. If we are successful, we will gladly then refund your full deposit.
CHANGES AND RESCHEDULING OF BOOKINGS
- All rescheduling of bookings must be done via email at least 6 weeks prior to arrival date and any changes are subject to availability.
- Where a change or rescheduling of a confirmed booking results in additional costs relating to logistics, activities, tour price or accommodation increases, the guest may be liable for the difference in costs associated with the new trip.
- Bookings cannot be rescheduled or refunded as a result of unpleasant weather conditions, or should guests leave a tour early or arrive later than scheduled.
- Where conditions are deemed by us to be unsafe, we will transport guests around the particular obstacles to the next accommodation venue. Where longer range adverse weather conditions may dangerously affect a whole tour, we will contact the affected guests and offer an alternative arrangement.
- Bookings may be transferred in writing into another person’s name, on condition that the transferee agrees to these booking conditions, and all of the terms of the contract between us.
CANCELLATION BY PLETT CAMINO
- While Plett Camino strives to deliver all trips as planned, we reserve the right at any time to alter or cancel a trip or itinerary as a result of unforeseen circumstances like the unexpected restriction of access to accommodation venues or land, war, air travel delays or cancellations, political matters, state of emergency or disaster, pandemics, plagues, strikes, riots, weather, religious matters, Force Majeure or Vis Major.
- In such cases, no liability shall fall on Plett Camino (Pty) Ltd. However, should such a situation occur, and which cannot be remedied within 6 weeks of your departure date, and the full amount of funds received by us for your trip, will be refunded.
- Should we become unable to provide a significant proportion of the tour after you have departed, we will make alternative arrangements for you at no extra charge and, if appropriate in all the circumstances, will pay you reasonable compensation.
- Our tours can only be operated if there is minimum of 8 people confirmed on each tour. Should we not get the minimum number of confirmations, we reserve the right to cancel the tour in question and will notify you as soon as possible. In this situation, you can elect to receive a full refund of any monies you have paid to us or arrange with us to apply these monies to the first available date that suits you.
MEDICAL CONDITIONS, MEDICAL AID, MEDICAL INSURANCE AND TRAVEL INSURANCE
- It is the guest’s responsibility to make sure that they have adequate and appropriate medical cover and/or travel insurance which covers all personal requirements including part or full cancellation and curtailment charges, medical expenses, baggage and repatriation in the event of accident, personal accident , injuries, illness, evacuation or for any other reason.
- Should a guest choose to travel without adequate insurance cover for the duration of the tour, we will not be liable for any losses howsoever arising, in respect of which insurance cover would otherwise have been available.
- The guest is responsible for ensuring that any existing medical conditions or disabilities which may affect your ability, or render you unfit, to undertake the tour are declared to us before you book your tour or, if newly diagnosed, before your arrival date.
INJURIES AND FITNESS TO PARTICIPATE
- Should anyone be injured or encounter an emergency along the route, our guides will do their utmost to have that person stabilised and evacuated appropriately.
- Our guides are responsible for the interests and safety of the group as a whole. Therefore, we reserve the right to evacuate any guests arriving or participating without the requisite level of fitness and endurance.
- Guides communicate mainly in English but may be fluent in other languages depending on the individual guide.
THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS
- In the provision of services to our guests we may make use of third party service providers in the form of accommodation venues, land owners, caterers, transporters and other service providers.
- These service providers provide services in accordance with their own terms and conditions which will form part of your contract with us. Some of these terms and conditions may limit or exclude the supplier’s liability to you. Copies of the relevant parts of these terms and conditions are available on request from ourselves or the supplier concerned.
- We do not accept liability for any loss, damage, injury, illness, harm or death which you may suffer as a result of any act or omission by a third party in their provision of services to you or us.
- All guests are expected to conduct themselves in an orderly and acceptable manner without disrupting the enjoyment of other guests or the surroundings. Should we, in our opinion, judge the conduct of any guest as causing or is likely to cause distress, danger or annoyance to any other guests , third parties, fauna, flora, or damage to property, or cause or be likely to cause, a delay or diversion to transportation, we reserve the right to terminate your tour forthwith and have you evacuated from any accommodation, transport, trail or other place as is necessary.
- In the event of such termination, our liability to you will terminate and we will have no further obligations to you and no refunds will be considered and you will be liable for any expenses or costs incurred as a result of such termination, as well as any losses and/or damage caused by your actions.
COVID – 19
- You acknowledge and agree that you are assuming the risk of exposure to COVID-19 or any other pandemic during the tour. We cannot guarantee that you will not be exposed to COVID-19 or any other pandemic during the tour and recommend you seek independent advice with respect to travel risks, and/or travel restrictions which may be in force from time to time.
- You hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless Plett Camino, its directors, officers, employees, third party suppliers, landowners and agents from any and all claims, actions, damages, liabilities, costs, expenses, and attorney’s fees arising out of or in connection with your participation in the hiking tour, including but not limited to any claims related to exposure to COVID-19 or any other pandemic.
- You acknowledge that you have read this indemnity clause and fully understand its terms and that you are waiving any right you may have to bring any legal action against Plett Camino in connection with any exposure to COVID-19 or any other pandemic that you may experience during the tour.
- By booking a hiking tour with us, you agree to this indemnity clause and to comply with all COVID-19 or any other pandemic-related protocols and guidelines that we may implement from time to time.
- “Arrival Date” means the date on which the tour commences as indicated on your booking confirmation, being a Sunday, Monday or Tuesday as the case may be.
- “Guest” means to any guest, hiker, client or customer who avails themselves of our services or tours (hereinafter referred to as “guest” or “you”, “your”).
- “Plett Camino (Pty) Ltd” a private company which carries on business as an outdoor adventure and tour facilitator in South Africa (hereinafter referred to as “Plett Camino” or “we”, “us” and “our”).
- “Tour or Camino” means a guided walking, hiking or Camino experience offered by Plett Camino (Pty) Ltd
- “Week” refers to a calendar week of 7 days, so for the sake of clarity, “6 weeks” means a period of 42 calendar days.
- Right of admission is reserved on all tours and all bookings are made on a first come, first served basis.
- Bookings will not be considered valid if made or confirmed by a minor, being a person less than 18 years of age at the time of booking.
- In terms of this contract, we reserve the right to:
- decline to issue a booking confirmation at our discretion, in which case we will return your full deposit;
- correct or update documentation, terms and conditions and web sites with any changes, errors or omissions, including the right to update the pricing of unsold tours as may be necessary from time to time;
- consider a booking cancelled, where an incorrect reference is provided resulting in an inability to allocate the payment to a corresponding booking;
- cancel any booking if only partial payment is received, or if proof of full payment is not received by the specified deadline date.
JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW
- These Booking Terms and Conditions and any agreement to which they apply are governed in all respects by South African law. We both agree that any dispute, claim or other matter which arises between us out of or in connection with your contract or booking will be dealt with by the Courts of South Africa only.
NOTICES AND DOMICILIA
- We choose No 5 Jacaranda Way, Nova Constantia, 7806 as our domicilia citandi et executandi for the serving of any notice consent, approval or other communication and electronic notices or contact may be made at [email protected].
- We acknowledge the address nominated by you on the signature page of the booking contract.